This is the documentation of Advanced Ads Pro. It offers an overview of the features and functions of the plug-in. You will also find links to additional in-depth articles and tutorials here.
About Advanced Ads Pro
Advanced Ads Pro helps professional and large websites to optimize their ad setup with highly advanced features. Advanced Ads Pro offers many features and options to enhance, style and embed ads in all possible scenarios. Additional Placements, Display Conditions, and Visitor Conditions let you shape your ad setup to fit the needs of your website’s design, performance, and visitors.
Features – Overview
- 6 advanced Placements
- 13 more Display and Visitor Conditions
- Lazy Load for more page speed
- Click Fraud Protection
- Alternative ads for Ad-Block users
- Cache-busting – allows dynamic features for websites with cache
- Place custom code after an ad
- Test Placements against each other
- Duplicate ads for faster ad creation
- Limit ad to display only once per page
- Refresh ad without reloading the page
- Central option to disable all ads by post type
- Create ad grids from grouped ads (e.g., block with 2×3 ads)
- Inject ads into content not using the the_content filter
- List currently delivered ads in the admin bar in the frontend
- Select ad-related user role for individual users (ad admin, ad manager, and ad user)
- Priority Email Support and updates for 1 year, unlimited usage afterwards
Additional Plugin support
- Support for Autoptimize plugin
- Dedicated placements for bbPress
- Dedicated placements for BuddyPress
- Display Condition for WPML languages
- Display and Visitor Conditions for Paid Memberships Pro
If you need the all-inclusive complete bundle of Advanced Ads, check out our All Access bundle. All Access includes Advanced Ads Pro and additional add-ons like Tracking and Responsive Ads. In short: with All Access, you get everything we have and save up to 70% in comparison to individual purchases.
This plugin is also part of the All Access offer for only €89. All Access includes all add-ons as well as updates and priority email support for one year:
Advanced Ads Pro, Tracking, Responsive Ads, Slider, Google Ad Manager, PopUp and Layer Ads, Sticky Ads, Geo Targeting, Selling Ads.
Features – Details
Advanced Ads Pro offers 6 additional Placements to display your ads.
- Custom Position: Pick any position for the ad in your frontend
- Post Lists: Inject ad between posts on posts lists, e.g. home, archive, category
- Background Ads: Background Ads placement
- Above Headline: Ads above the main post headline
- Content Middle: Ads in the middle of a post
- Random Paragraph: Ads on random positions in posts (fighting ad blindness)
Additional settings & options
With additional features and options in the general and specific settings, Advanced Ads Pro brings more possibilities to fine tune your ad setup.
- Inject ads based on images, tables, containers, list elements, blockquotes and any headline level in the content
- Use an HTML tag to place ads everywhere where HTML is possible (e.g., theme options)
- Minimum Content Length: Set a minimum content length before an ad unit is injected
- Rotate or test placements
- Prevent all automatic ad injections on a specific page
- Dedicated placements for bbPress and BuddyPress
- Show ads from another blog in a multisite
- Repeat Content placement injections
- Allow Post List placement in any loop on static pages
- Click Fraud Protection
Advanced Display and Visitor Conditions
There are additional conditions that allow you to fine tune who should be able to see ads and when.
- Display ads based on the previously visited URL (referrer)
- Display ads based on the user agent (browser or device)
- Display ads based on URL parameters (e.g., affiliate links)
- Display ads based on user role or user capability
- Display ads based on the browser language
- Display ads based on the number of previous page impressions
- Display ads based on the number of ad impressions per period and user (frequency capping)
- Display ads to new or recurring visitors only
- Display ads based on a set cookie, i.e. if he is subscribed to the newsletter
- Display ads based on a page template
- Display ads based on the index of paginated posts
- Display ads based on the day of the week
Large and professional websites need to be fast and caching is one way to boost your website’s speed. However, since cache saves static versions of your websites, some dynamic features like ad rotations in groups, ads by browser width or mobile device don’t work properly. The solution to this is to make an exception for the ad request.
The cache-busting feature in Advanced Ads Pro was developed for large websites, has a minimal impact on the server performance and can even be disabled for ads that don’t need it.