Please be aware that the following statements about privacy and data storage only concern features included in Advanced Ads and not third-party tools, other plugins or services. Advanced Ads doesn’t have access nor can it influence data stored by ad networks like Google AdSense or services like Google Analytics. Please make sure that third-party services used through Advanced Ads comply with the privacy rules applicable to your project.
Please contact us if you are missing information on this page.
Information for webmasters
IP addresses and other personal data
Advanced Ads does not store personal data in a central database. This includes our local tracking methods, which do not track IP addresses.
The following features are using Google Analytics. They are all optional and disabled by default. Make sure that your site and Analytics account comply with privacy regulations before enabling them.
- Ad-Block user statistics
- Google Analytics tracking method (Tracking add-on)
The anonymizeIp feature is enabled by default. You can set the ADVANCED_ADS_DISABLE_ANALYTICS_ANONYMIZE_IP constant to disable it (not recommended).
Advanced Ads and some add-ons save cookies on the user’s device. These cookies are first-party cookies, which means they are only set on and readable by your site and can’t be used to create profiles of your visitors.
Depending on the features used, cookies could be set with these information
- number of previous page impressions (Pro, valid for 10 years)
- Referrer URL (Pro, valid for 365 days)
- number of previous ad impressions or clicks (Pro, duration set in the options)
- if the user exceeded the click limit (Pro, duration set in the options)
- browser width (Responsive, valid for 30 days)
- clicks on a particular ad (e.g., for timeout features in Sticky, Layer, and Pro, duration set in options)
We might further store information about admin usage, like whether the author closed a particular notification in the backend.
How to not set Cookies
You can disable certain features in order to prevent the storage and usage of cookies completely:
- Pro: Click-Fraud-Protection module
- Pro: Advanced Visitor Conditions module
- Responsive Ads: set ADVANCED_ADS_RESPONSIVE_DISABLE_BROWSER_WIDTH constant in wp-config.php to disable the browser width visitor condition. You should also resave ads that used this condition before
- Sticky Ads: don’t use the timeout feature for ads with a close button
- PopUp and Layer ads: don’t use the timeout feature for ads with a close button
- don’t use external services, like Analytics (see above) or ad networks
Please be aware that cookies already set in the user browser are not removed when a certain feature is disabled.
Selling Ads with WooCommerce
Since our Selling Ads add-on is based on WooCommerce, you need to make sure that your store also complies with GDPR. At the time of writing this, the best overview of GDPR-related information and WooCommerce could be found here.
This section provides information about data in the WP Admin area, which is not accessible for website visitors without a login.
We are using tutorial videos hosted on youtube.com. They are disabled by default.
Newsletter / Mailchimp
You can sign up for our newsletter through the admin panel. Your signup request is going to be processed by our newsletter provider mailchimp.com. A confirmation email is sent to you. Newsletters are only sent to you when you confirm your email address.