Ads in RSS Feeds
Advanced Ads allows you to deliver ads into the RSS/Atom feed of your WordPress site. If you want to place ads instead in your feed between our posts, please look here.
There are a couple of things you need to understand before displaying ads within feeds:
- ads in Feeds are disabled by default. Go to Advanced Ads > Settings > General to change that.
- Advanced Ads will only inject ads within the post content (either inserted by shortcode or placement) into the feed
- Cache Busting will not work, instead, create specific ad units for the feed
- Visitor conditions don’t work at all in feeds
- Feeds can be cached, so when you make changes to the settings, they will not appear right away
Showing an ad in your post feed
Once you enabled ads in feeds in the general settings, you can find the feeds option in the General Conditions of the Display Conditions of the ad and use that to display or hide the ad in a feed.
Once you enable the Feed condition (blue background), the ad will show up in your feeds as well.